Now Hiring: Staff Geologist/Engineer
- Quality control/Quality assurance for construction projects
- Conduct field density tests using nuclear gauge and sand cone.
- Mapping of rock formations and other geologic features during construction.
- Conduct geotechnical investigations including logging borings, sampling, and classifying soils.
- Prepare reports including documentation of geologic/geotechnical field and laboratory data and analyses.
- Preparation of daily field reports, and draft technical sections of project communications and reports.
- Can work independently with minimum supervision
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or related field; Master’s degree highly preferred
- 3 to 8 years of related work experience is required (internships included)
- Engineer-In-Training or Geologist-In-Training certification for the state of California is strongly preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
- Computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected
Now Hiring: Landfill/Geotech Engineering Technician
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Construction monitoring and documentation of construction activities at solid waste landfill facilities including field inspection and testing of soils, aggregate base, and asphalt concrete, geosynthetic liners, and other environmental control systems.
- Document the results of the testing, calculate and document total area of installed material on a daily basis, and liner footage of seaming, indicating the individual and location of the performed test.
- Diagnose and define the area of test failure, report failure to the site supervisor to arrange for a repair, and document a completed repair.
- Accurately complete QC documentation as soon as practically possible, but no later than by the end of the project or prior to the next layer of liner being installed.
- Effectively and continually prioritize the tasks at hand to ensure timely and compliant completion of the QC testing and documentation.
- Delegate geosynthetic material management, which entails storage, distribution and installation.
- Communicate QC issues to crew members and Supervisors timely.
- Field density testing of soils, aggregate base, and asphalt concrete using nuclear gauge and sand cone (where appropriate).
- Past landfill and geosynthetics construction inspection and field testing experience (including nuclear density gauge) is required.
- Daily report writing and construction documentation required
- Ability to use electronic devices and computer software for data input
- Must be willing and able to travel routinely for extended assignments
- Must be willing and able to work remotely based on assignment needs
- Good communication, writing, and organization skills necessary, including collaboration and coordination with senior staff and management and direction of support staff
- GRI/GSI geosynthetics installation training are a plus